June 10, 2007

Whitsunday Islands

The ship, Boomerang, run by the Southern Cross was my first choice since it always started on Sunday and I could jump on the boat on the same day arriving at Airlie Beach. No single day was wasted. However, it was full so I chose another ship called Ileola for the hostress of the Friendly Hostel offering me a good discount. Unfortunately, two brothers of the company picked me up at the bus station and told me that I was the only guest on the boat and they were forced to cancel the sailing. They found another ship, the Hammer instead. Although I was not happy in the beginning, I enjoyed the sailing very much later. In these 3 days, I just lazily strolled on the white fine sand beach, snorkelled with my precious mju-770sw, bathing the soothing sun on the deck, and met many friends...


Before heading for the boat, I took this picture at sea shore. This was the first time I saw the sea with light blue color.

The mast of the boat: the HAMMER.

The sail.

The Boomerang.

Beautiful coral.

Shimmering...

We anchored the Hammer at this peaceful cove with a few other companions.

The boat leant to one side for the strong wind.

Thanks for the good wind, we were outpacing the Boomerang.

The Route.

No comments:

Post a Comment