June 13, 2007

The Great Barrier Reef

After getting off the night bus, I immediately headed the reef cruise. It was a cloudy day and the sea was very tough. Even though, the underwater world was still amazing, and thank God my mju-770sw was not dead.


This is the reef, the base of the Reef Magic Company. It built a platform nearby the reef, and offered unlimited snorkelling. Since I was a member of YHA, they gave me one free chance for experience diving. Superb!

It was a cloudy and windy day. But the coral still could be viewed clearly.

The Napoleon fish.

Every snorkeller were fond to taking pictures with him.
I joined the guided snorkelling to another reef less haunted by tourist. But the sea was very tough, so very much energy was spent to fight the sea. I even got my right thigh abraded by the coral. I saw many schools of very large fish. Some were longer than a man. But, due to the rough sea, I was not able to take clear photos of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment